The company website has grown over the years you have been in operation. Whilst the site is working and dragging in traffic the site is far from perfect.
Most the information is out-of-date or inaccurate with the site structure makes it hard to find the content to update. Worse you cannot make head nor tails of the pages and were they are located.
This is where a content management system comes into play.
What is a Content Management System – (CMS)
A content management system (CMS) is a computer software system used to assist its users in the process of content management. A CMS facilitates the organisation, control, and publication of a large body of documents and other content such as images and multimedia resources.
A web based content management system is a content management system with additional features to ease the tasks required to publish web content to a site.
A content management system may support the following features:
- Import and creation of documents and multimedia material
- Identification of all key users and their content management roles
- The ability to assign roles and responsibilities to different content categories or types
- The ability to track and manage multiple versions of a single instance of content
- The ability to publish the content to a repository to support access to the content. Increasingly, the repository is an inherent part of the system, and incorporates enterprise search and retrieval.
The benefits to your business of using a Content Managament System
Content Management Systems have the following benefits for your business once implementing, they included:
- Streamlined authoring process
- Faster turnaround time for new pages and changes
- Greater consistency
- Improved site navigation
- Increased site flexibility
- Support for decentralised authoring
- Reduced duplication of information
- Greater capacity for growth
- Reduced site maintenance costs
If the above scenario sounds similar or you are looking to create a new site, which you are looking to maintain then give us a call.